K-13 Parking Garage Insulation Specifications
PART 1 – GENERAL
1.01 Section Includes
- Sprayed cellulose thermal insulation.
- Sprayed cellulose acoustical insulation.
1.02 Related Items
- Clips, hangers, supports, sleeves and other attachments to spray bases are to be placed by other trades prior to the application of sprayed insulation.
- Ducts, piping, conduit or other suspended equipment shall not be positioned until after the application of sprayed insulation.
- Roof penetrations to be installed prior to application.
1.03 Quality Assurance
- Manufacturer must have a current Underwriters Laboratories (UL) Code Evaluation Report.
- Manufacturer must be in compliance with the 2009 and 2012 International Building Code.
- Manufacturer must be ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
- Applicator: Licensed by manufacturer.
- Manufacturer must subscribe to independent laboratory follow-up inspection services of Underwriters Laboratories and Factory Mutual. Each bag shall be labeled accordingly.
- Mock-up: Apply a 100 square foot representative sample to be reviewed by the Architect and/or Owner prior to proceeding.
- Submit product data that the product meets or exceeds the following specified requirements.
- Bond strength shall be greater than 100 psf per ASTM E 736.
- Product shall be Class 1 Class A per ASTM E 84/ UL 723.
- Non-corrosive per ASTM C 739.
- Bond Deflection per ASTM E 759: 6” Deflection in 10’ Span – No Spalling or Delamination.
- R-Value to be 3.75 per inch per ASTM C518.
- Comply with IBC 803.3/2009 IBC 803.10 stability requirements for interior finishes.
- Meet ASTM C 1149.
- Manufacturer’s written certification that product contains no asbestos, fiberglass or other man-made mineral fibers.
- Copy of manufacturer’s ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- Minimum Fiber Recycled Content to be 75%.
- Cannot contain any added Urea-Formaldehyde Resins.
1.06 Delivery, Storage and Handling
- Deliver in original, unopened containers bearing name of manufacturer, product identification and reference to U.L. testing.
- Store materials dry, off ground, and under cover.
- Protect liquid adhesive from freezing.
- Water to be potable.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.01 Acceptable Manufacturers
- International Cellulose Corporation
12315 Robin Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77045
(713) 433-6701 or (800) 444-1252
FAX: (713) 433-2029
- For approved applicators contact ICC at (800) 444-1252
- K-13 Spray-On-Systems.
- Color shall be Light Gray.
- Comply with local Building Code requirements.
- Material to have been tested in accordance with ASTM E 1042. Testing laboratory must be NVLAP accredited.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
- Examine surfaces and report unsatisfactory conditions in writing. Do not proceed until unsatisfactory conditions are corrected.
- Verify surfaces to receive spray insulation to determine if priming/sealing is required to insure bonding and/or to prevent discoloration caused by migratory stains.
- Provide masking, drop cloths or other satisfactory coverings for materials/surfaces that are not to receive insulation to protect from over-spray.
- Coordinate installation of the sprayed cellulose fiber with work of other trades.
- Prime surfaces as required by manufacturer’s instructions or as determined by examination.
- Install spray applied insulation according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Install spray applied insulation to achieve an average R-Value of ___.
- Cure insulation with continuous natural or mechanical ventilation.
- Remove and dispose of over-spray.
- Protect finished installation under provision of Division 1.