SonaSpray “fc” Acoustic Finish Specifications
PART 1 – GENERAL
1.01 Section Includes
- Sprayed cellulose finish system.
1.02 Related Items
- Clips, hangers, supports, sleeves and other attachments to spray bases are to be placed by other trades prior to the application of sprayed insulation.
- Ducts, piping, conduit or other suspended equipment shall not be positioned until after the application of sprayed insulation.
- Copy of manufacturer’s ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- Submit 2 copies of test reports indicating compliance with the following:
- Minimum light reflectivity:
- Arctic White: 81+
- White: 73+
- NRC values per ASTM C-423 conducted by a NVLAP certified testing laboratory:
- Flame Spread Index: 5 ASTM E-84/UL 723
- Smoke Developed: 5 ASTM E-84/UL 723
- Bond Strength
SonaSpray “fc” >600 psf ASTM E-736
SonaSpray “fc” Dura-K >900 psf ASTM E-736
- Compression Strength
SonaSpray “fc” >400 psf ASTM E-761
SonaSpray “fc” Dura-K >600 psf ASTM E-761
- Comply with IBC 803.3/2009 IBC 803.10 stability requirements for interior finishes.
SonaSpray “fc” on Solid Backing Inches 125 HZ 250 HZ 500 HZ 1000 HZ 2000 HZ 4000 HZ NRC 0.50” .08 .16 .46 .87 1.07 1.12 .65 1.00” .12 .38 .88 1.15 1.15 1.15 .90 SonaSpray “fc” on Ribbed Metal Deck Inches 125 HZ 250 HZ 500 HZ 1000 HZ 2000 HZ 4000 HZ NRC 0.75” .17 .58 .91 .89 .87 .84 .80
- Manufacturer’s written certification that product contains no asbestos, fiberglass or other man-made mineral fibers.
1.04 Quality Assurance
- Manufacturer must have a current listing with ICC.
- Manufacturer must be in compliance with the 2006 IBC.
- Manufacturer must be ISO 9001:2008 Certified.
- Applicator: Licensed by manufacturer.
- Manufacturer must subscribe to independent laboratory follow-up inspection services of Underwriters Laboratories. Each bag shall be labeled accordingly.
- Mock-up: Apply a 100 square foot representative sample to be reviewed by the Architects and/or Owner prior to proceeding.
1.05 Delivery, Storage and Handling
- Deliver in original, unopened containers bearing name of manufacturer, product identification and reference to U.L. testing.
- Store materials dry, off ground and under cover.
- Protect liquid adhesive from freezing.
PART 2 – PRODUCTS
2.01 Acceptable Manufacturers
- International Cellulose Corporation
12315 Robin Boulevard
Houston, Texas 77045
(713) 433-6701 or (800) 444-1252
FAX: (713) 433-2029
- For approved applicators contact ICC at (800) 444-1252
2.02 Materials (Specify desired product)
- SonaSpray “fc” Acoustical Finish (4:1 Adhesive Ratio)
- SonaSpray “fc” Dura-K (3:1 Adhesive Ratio)
- Color shall be _________________________.
PART 3 – EXECUTION
- Examine surfaces and report unsatisfactory conditions in writing. Do not proceed until unsatisfactory conditions are corrected.
- Verify surfaces to receive spray insulation to determine if priming/sealing is required to ensure bonding and/or to prevent discoloration caused by migratory stains.
- Provide masking, drop cloths or other satisfactory coverings for materials/surfaces that are not to receive insulation to protect from over-spray.
- Coordinate installation of the sprayed cellulose fiber with work of other trades.
- Prime surfaces as required by manufacturer’s instructions or as determined by examination.
- Average thickness to achieve NRC of 0.65 or greater.
- Install spray applied acoustical finish according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Cure material with continuous natural or mechanical ventilation.
- Remove and dispose of over spray.
- Protect finished installation under provisions of Division 1.